MOOCs launching spring 2015:
- Introduction to Global Hospitality Management (Bill Carroll, Jan A. deRoos, Cathy A. Enz, J. Bruce Tracey). Launched February 4, 2015. The School of Hotel Administration invites learners to explore the depth and breadth of the evolving hospitality industry.
- The Computing Technology Inside Your Smartphone (Dave Albonesi). Launching March 10, 2015. Explore the fundamental computing technology inside smartphones and the advanced techniques that make them run so fast.
- Civic Ecology: Reclaiming Broken Places (Marianne Krasny). Launching April 10, 2015. Examine why and how people come together to steward nature and cultivate community in places marked by violence, disaster, poverty, and environmental degradation
- The Ethics of Eating (Andrew Chignell, William Starr) – Launching April 15, 2015. Explore the ethical issues we confront every time we eat and purchase food. This course will give you the basic tools required to reflect clearly and effectively on the questions themselves.
MOOCs re-running in spring 2015:
- Edward Baptist and Louis Hyman – HIST1514x: American Capitalism – A History. Starting March 23, 2015. Examine how economic development fueled the United States’ evolution from 13 backwater colonies to a global power.
- David Easley, Jon Kleinberg, Éva Tardos –INFO2040x: Networks, Crowds and Markets. Starting February 16, 2015. Explore the critical questions posed by how the social, economic, and technological realms of the modern world interconnect.
Anytime, Self-Paced MOOCs: